Esplanade Cartier [and our affiliates and subsidiaries] (“Esplanade Cartier” or “We“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by following this policy.
This policy describes how we collect, use, disclose and protect the personal information of our customers and users of the Website (“you“), describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Website (our “Website”) and our information collection, usage, retention, protection and disclosure practices.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy, except as otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive and used for limited purposes.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used alone or in combination with other information to identify, contact or locate a single individual. Personal information does not include business contact information, such as your name, title or business contact information.
This policy applies to information we collect, use or disclose about our customers and Website users:
- On this Website.
- In e-mails, SMS texts, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertisements and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertisements include links to this policy.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect and use several types of personal information about you, including:
- Personal information that we may reasonably use to identify you directly or indirectly, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, and any other identifiers we may use to contact you online or offline. This information may also include a copy of any correspondence you may have had with us.
- Non-personal information, which does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or relate directly to an identified individual, such as demographic information or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregate data does not directly identify a specific individual, but we may derive statistical or aggregate data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate certain information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature of the Website.
- Technical information, , including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your interactions with our Website, including complete Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), the clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), pages you have viewed, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to leave the page. For more details, see Information we collect through cookies and other automatic data collection technologies.
How do we collect this information?
We use a variety of methods to collect your personal information, including:
Direct interactions with you when you provide them to us, such as by filling out forms available on the Website, using our “favourite” tool, or being in contact with us by phone, email or otherwise. We offer every user the ability to unsubscribe from being contacted for marketing purposes on an ongoing basis via access to our Website, using the unsubscribe feature at the bottom of our emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Automated technologies or interactions as you browse our Website. Automatically collected information may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected via cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Third parties or publicly available sources, such as our business partners.
Information you provide to us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website may include:
- Information you provide by filling out forms on our Website. This includes information provided when registering for potential communications about our projects, publishing materials or requesting additional information. We may also request information from you when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys we may ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information we collect through cookies and other automatic data collection technologies
- Details of your visits to our Website, including location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources you access and use through the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal Information, and we may retain or combine it with personal Information we collect by other means, that you have provided to us or received from third parties. This helps us to improve our Website and provide better and more personalized service, including allowing us to:
- Estimate the size of our audience and usage patterns.
- To store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash cookies. Certain features of our Website may use locally stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and your navigation to, from and through our Website. Flash cookies are not handled by the same browser settings as browser cookies. For more information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choosing how we use and disclose your information.
- Web beacons. Our Website’s pages and our emails may contain small electronic files called Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, web beacons, and single-pixel gifs) that allow the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those sites and pages, or opened an email, and for other related Website statistics (e.g., to record the popularity of certain Website content and to verify system and server integrity).
Cookies placed by our server are readable only by us, and cookies cannot access, read or modify other data on your computer.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its content to you.
- To provide you with the information you request.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information or as described at the time of collection, or any other purpose for which you provided the information.
- To fulfill our obligations and enforce our rights under any contract with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To inform you of changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To improve our Website, our product offerings, our marketing, or our customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive, social media, or similar features on our Website.
- In any other manner described at the time you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our projects that may be of interest to you, as required by law. For more information, please see the section on Choosing how we use and disclose your information.
Disclosing your information
We may disclose aggregate information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restrictions.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a purchaser or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of all or a portion of Esplanade Cartier’s assets, whether in the ordinary course of business or in connection with a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Esplanade Cartier about our customers and users is one of the transferred assets.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers who help us improve and optimize the Website) who are contractually bound to keep personal information confidential, to use it for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to treat personal information according to the same standards as set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you have provided them.
- For any other purpose we disclose when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to comply with any governmental or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Esplanade Cartier, our customers or others. This includes sharing information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes.
It is important to note that Esplanade Cartier does not sell any personal information to third party companies.
Transferring your personal information
We may transfer the personal information we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to subcontractors, service providers and other third parties that we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that help us improve and optimize the Website) and who are contractually obligated to keep the personal information confidential, to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it, and to treat the personal information according to the same standards set forth in this policy.
In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to access your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that their privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Website, you consent to such transfer, storage or processing.
Choosing how we use and disclose your information
We strive to offer you choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional offers and news from Esplanade Cartier. If you have chosen to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish your email address/contact information to be used by Esplanade Cartier, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails, or at any other time by sending us an email indicating your request to email@example.com. This deactivation does not apply to information provided to Esplanade Cartier when opening an account or performing another transaction with Esplanade Cartier.
Security of personal information
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We have put in place physical, electronic and administrative safeguards designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We store the information you provide behind firewalls on our secure servers.
Malheureusement, la transmission d’informations via Internet n’est pas totalement sécurisée. Bien que nous fassions de notre mieux pour protéger vos renseignements personnels, nous ne pouvons garantir la sécurité de vos renseignements personnels transmis à notre Site Web. Toute transmission de renseignements personnels est à vos propres risques. Nous ne sommes pas responsables du contournement des paramètres de confidentialité ou des mesures de sécurité contenues sur le Site Web.
Retention of personal information
Unless otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will retain your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, auditing or notification requirements to the appropriate governmental and regulatory bodies.
In certain circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use this anonymous, de-identified information for legitimate business purposes without further notice to you or consent required from you.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law, you have the right to request access to and correction of the personal information we hold about you.
If you wish to review, verify, correct or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information, you may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information. We cannot accept a request to change information if we believe that the change would violate a law or legal requirement or would result in incorrect information.
We may ask you for specific information to help us confirm your identity and right of access, and to provide you with the personal information we hold about you or to make requested changes. Applicable law may permit or require us to deny you access to some or all of the personal information we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased or anonymized your personal information in accordance with our record retention obligations. If we are unable to provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to the exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions may include:
- Information protected by attorney-client privilege.
- Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
- Information about another person that would reveal their personal information or confidential business information.
- Information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
If you have given your consent to the collection, use and transfer of your personal information, you may also have the legal right to withdraw your consent in certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent if you had given it, send an email to email@example.com. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to our projects and the various features of the Website. We will explain the impact at that time to help you in your decision.
Contact information and commitment to compliance
2150 Sainte-Catherine Street East
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy and applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy, please use the contact information above.