If you do not find the answer to a question you have about Esplanade Cartier, please use the contact form to get in touch with our team.
1. Where is Esplanade Cartier located?
Phase 1 and Phase 2 are located at 2120 and 2180 Sainte-Catherine Street East respectively in Montréal, Canada.
2. What is Esplanade Cartier’s general plan?
Esplanade Cartier is a large-scale project developed in lots, which are subdivided into phases. Each one is uniquely laid out to ensure a diversity of products, clienteles, and uses. Some lots do not have any condos, which may lead to confusion between the lot number and the condo phase number (for example, Phase 2 is not located on Lot 2). The site will be developed over a six- to eight-year period.
To see the project’s progress in real time, click here.
The first phase includes 114 units on 14 storeys. Delivery: winter 2022.
The second phase includes 162 units on 7 storeys. Delivery: spring/summer 2022.
The third phase includes 205 units on 18 storeys. Delivery: 2024.
We will provide details about subsequent phases in due course.
3. Does Esplanade Cartier have parking spots for sale?
Yes, but these spots are reserved for units of 500 sq. ft. and up. Parking spots are all indoors and underground and ready to accommodate an electric vehicle charging station.
4. Can I buy a basement storage locker in Esplanade Cartier?
5. Can I buy bicycle storage?
6. How many elevators does the Esplanade Cartier project have?
There are two elevators per phase.
7. Can you rent a unit at Esplanade Cartier?
8. Does the Esplanade Cartier project include retail or commercial spaces?
Yes, several local businesses will set up shop on the ground floor of certain phases.
9. 9. Does the Esplanade Cartier project include office space?
The plan is to include office space. Click here for more information.
1. How can I find out about unit prices?
2. What is the surface area of Esplanade Cartier’s units?
Surface areas vary from one phase to the other. The project includes studios, townhouses, and one- to four-bedroom units.
3. Is the surface area shown on the plans net or gross area?
The surface area shown on the plans is gross area. This means it includes half the thickness of common walls and the entire thickness of exterior walls. Balcony surface area is not included.
4. Is air conditioning included?
Yes, units have a mini-split system with compressor on the balcony. For units without a balcony, the compressor is located on the roof or in the basement.
5. What can I personalize in my unit?
Unit finish choices include flooring, cabinets, countertops, and ceramic tiles. To give you a better idea of what your unit will look like, our designers have created kitchen and bathroom décors. You can choose them as is, or mix and match elements to create your own personalized style.
6. What can I personalize in my unit?
Unit finish choices include flooring, cabinets, countertops, and ceramic tiles. To give you a better idea of what your unit will look like, our designers have created six kitchen décors and five bathroom décors. You can choose them as is, or mix and match elements to create your own personalized style.
7. Are appliances included?
The following appliances are included:
- Built-in hood or microwave depending on the unit model
- Panel-ready refrigerator
- Built-in range and cooktop
- A panel-ready dishwasher
8. Can I use a BBQ on my balcony?
Yes, but only a gas grill with a 16-oz propane tank or smaller.
9. Can I rent my unit?
Yes, with a minimum six-month less, renewable twice a year, unless otherwise specified by the syndicate of co-owners.
10. What do the condo fees cover?
Condo fees cover the following expenses:
- Residential hot water
- Building insurance
- Snow removal
- Indoor and outdoor common area maintenance
- Common area energy costs
- Elevator maintenance
- The contingency fund
- Fees for the management of the co-ownership by a building management company
The Common Areas
1. Where are Esplanade Cartier’s common areas located?
Each phase includes a furnished ground-floor lobby. In addition, all rooftop terraces are landscaped and all interior courtyards are green courtyards.
A temporary fitness centre will be set up in the basement until the 8,000-square-foot fitness centre with interior pool is built. All Esplanade Cartier’s residents will have access to this fitness centre.
2. How big is the fitness centre?
The temporary fitness centre will be 576 sq. ft.
Thereafter, all residents will have access to the 8,000-square-foot fitness centre.
1. What are some of the area’s upcoming projects?
The redevelopment of large plots along the Jacques-Cartier Bridge (Molson Coors, Radio Canada and our site) offers a unique opportunity to restore the neighbourhood to its former glory.
The Faubourgs Special Planning Program (PPU) proposes changes to create living environments more human in scale, more inclusive, sustainable, and reconnected with the river.
In particular, it proposes adding:
- Over 7,500 new homes.
- New collective and community installations, including two schools, sports facilities, and community centres.
- Two new commercial streets, which will complement existing arteries.
- Six new parks.
- Three new employment centres.
To learn more about the proposed changes, consult the Lifestyle section on our website.
The buying process
1. What does the condo buying process at Esplanade Cartier entail?
2. What is the down payment to buy a unit in Esplanade Cartier?
We ask for a down payment of 15% to 20% of the total price, paid in three instalments. The first is paid when signing the contract, the second three months later, and the last one three months after that.
3. Do I need to get my mortgage from the same bank financing the project?
4. How much time do I have to get mortgage approval?
You have 21 days after signing the preliminary contract to provide proof of mortgage approval. Should your mortgage be refused, this first deposit will be refunded in full.
5. How is the co-ownership organized?
A horizontal co-ownership will manage the common areas shared by the phases.
The buildings will then be managed independently by a vertical co-ownership.
Learn more about how a co-ownership works.
6. When can I choose my finishes?
The meeting with the designer to choose your finishes will take place 12 to 18 months prior to unit delivery.
The Sales Office
1. Do I need an appointment to visit the sales office?
No, the sales office is open to the public Monday to Thursday from noon to 7:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from noon to 5:00 p.m.
Discover our toolbox
Whether you are a first-time or seasoned buyer, we want to make each step of the condo or townhouse buying process easier. This is why our toolbox is filled with useful documents to guide you in this exciting adventure!
- Project brochure
- Site plan
- Floor plans and technical fact sheet
- Construction updates