If you do not find the answer to a question you have about Esplanade Cartier, please use the contact form to get in touch with our team.
1. Is the Esplanade Cartier sales office open?
The sales office has reopened on May 25th. However, our consultants are available remotely to answer all your questions.
You can request a virtual tour of the project by simply filling out this form. You can also chat with them online or contact them through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (514) 397-1400
2. Can I visit the project’s showrooms?
Yes, but only virtually. With the help of new technologies, our consultants can give you a virtual tour of the entire project. Just fill out this form to request a virtual tour.
3. Can I buy a unit remotely?
4. Is construction of Phase 1 still underway?
At the request of the Government of Quebec and the Direction générale de la santé publique, and to show our solidarity with all Québécois during this unprecedented crisis, the construction site is temporarily closed.
1. Where is Esplanade Cartier located?
Phase 1 and Phase 2 are located at 2120 and 2180 Sainte-Catherine Street East respectively in Montréal, Canada.
2. What is Esplanade Cartier’s general plan?
We cannot share the site’s general plan yet. But we can tell you that it is a large-scale project set on a series of lots, launched phase by phase. Each phase will showcase a unique layout to ensure a diversity of products, clienteles and uses. The site will be developed over a six- to eight-year period.
Currently, the two first phases of the project, which form the first lot, are for sale. The first phase, with 114 units and 14 storeys, is located on the north-west side of the lot. The second phase, with 162 units and seven storeys, is located at the corner of Parthenais and Sainte-Catherine streets.
3. When will you unveil the general plan?
The Faubourgs sector is part of a large urban planning project. The Special Planning Program (PPU) unveiled its vision at the end of March. As such, we will unveil our own vision in the coming months.
You can already find information on the proposed changes the PPU plans to make in the Lifestyle and News sections of our website.
4. How many elevators does the Esplanade Cartier project have?There are two elevators per phase.
There are two elevators per phase.
5. Can you rent a unit at Esplanade Cartier?
The two first phases of the projects only have condos for sale. However, there will be rental units available in one of the project’s upcoming lots. As an owner, you can rent your new condo, but only long-term rentals are allowed.
To stay informed about the project’s progress, subscribe to our newsletter.
6. Does the Esplanade Cartier project include retail or commercial spaces?
Yes, several local businesses will set up shop on the ground floor of the project’s Phase 1 and Phase 2.
7. Does the Esplanade Cartier project include office space?
8. Does Esplanade Cartier have parking spots for sale?
Yes, the project has one floor of parking available. However, these spots are reserved for units of 500 sq. ft. and up. The parking entrance is located on Parthenais Street and is set up to accommodate electric cars.
9. Can I buy a basement storage locker in Esplanade Cartier?
10. Can I buy bicycle storage?
11. What is the construction start date for Esplanade Cartier’s first lot?
Construction of Phase 1 has already begun. For more details about the new condos, please contact our sales team.
*Due to COVID-19, some information may have changed. Please refer to section “A. COVID-19 Measures” to learn more.
12. What is the delivery date for Esplanade Cartier’s first lot?
New condos in the project’s first phase are expected to be delivered in winter 2021–2022 and units in the second phase in summer/winter 2022.
For Phase 1, future owners will be informed about the confirmed delivery date about 12 months before the delivery of their unit. Future owners in Phase 2 will be informed about their confirmed delivery date about six months before delivery.
13. How much are condo fees?
Condo fees are $0.33/sq. ft. for the unit + $0.16/sq. ft. for the building’s contingency fund. However, this is only an estimate and will be reevaluated by the syndicate of co-owners.
14. What do the condo fees cover?
Condo fees cover the following expenses:
- Residential hot water
- Building insurance
- Snow removal
- Indoor and outdoor common area maintenance
- Common area energy costs
- Elevator maintenance
- The contingency fund
- Fees for the management of the co-ownership by a building management company
1. How can I find out about unit prices?
2. What is the surface area of Esplanade Cartier’s units?
New condo surface area in Phases 1 and 2 varies between 302 sq. ft and 1,398 sq. ft. The project includes studios, townhouses, and one- to four-bedroom units.
3. Is the surface area shown on the plans net or gross area?
The surface area shown on the plans is gross area. This means it includes half the thickness of common walls and the entire thickness of exterior walls. Balcony surface area is not included.
4. How high are the ceilings?
Ceilings are about nine feet in height.
5. Is air conditioning included?
Yes, units have a mini-split system with compressor on the balcony. For units without a balcony, the compressor is located on the roof or in the basement.
6. What can I personalize in my unit?
Unit finish choices include flooring, cabinets, countertops, and ceramic tiles. To give you a better idea of what your unit will look like, our designers have created six kitchen décors and five bathroom décors. You can choose them as is, or mix and match elements to create your own personalized style.
7. Are appliances included?
The following appliances are included:
- Built-in hood
- 24-inch panel-ready Blomberg refrigerator
- A 24-inch Fulgor built-in range and cooktop
- An 18-inch or 24-inch panel-ready Blomberg dishwasher
8. Can I use a BBQ on my balcony?
Yes, but only a gas grill with a 16-oz propane tank or smaller.
9. Can I rent my unit?
Yes, with a minimum six-month less, renewable twice a year, unless otherwise specified by the syndicate of co-owners.
The Common Areas
1. Where are Esplanade Cartier’s common areas located?
The green courtyard is located in the middle of the first lot, which is made up of the project’s two first phases.
Each phase includes a furnished ground-floor lobby. Phase 2’s rooftop is home to a 30-metre (100 feet) pool, while Phase 1’s rooftop will feature different lounge areas. The two phases are connected by an aerial passageway so that all residents can enjoy the amenities of both rooftops.
A temporary fitness centre will be set up in the basement until the 8,000-square-foot fitness centre with interior pool is built. All Esplanade Cartier’s residents will have access to this fitness centre.
2. How big are the project’s two pools?
The rooftop pool is 30 metres (100 feet) long.
3. How big is the fitness centre?
The temporary fitness centre for Phases 1 and 2 will be 576 sq. ft. Thereafter, all residents will have access to the 8,000-square-foot fitness centre
1. What are some of the area’s upcoming projects?
The redevelopment of large plots along the Jacques-Cartier Bridge (Molson Coors, Radio Canada and our site) offers a unique opportunity to restore the neighbourhood to its former glory.
The Faubourgs Special Planning Program (PPU) proposes changes to create living environments more human in scale, more inclusive, sustainable and reconnected with the river.
In particular, it suggests: – Over 7,500 new homes. – New collective and community installations, including two schools, sports facilities and community centres. – Two new commercial streets, which will complement existing arteries. – Six new parks. – Three new employment centres.
The buying process
1. What does the condo buying process at Esplanade Cartier entail?
2. What is the down payment to buy a unit in Esplanade Cartier?
We ask for a down payment of 15% to 20% of the total price, paid in three instalments. The first is paid when signing the contract, the second three months later and the last one three months after that.
3. Do I need to get my mortgage from the same bank financing the project?
We ask for a guaranteed rate until the delivery of your new condo. That is why you will likely need to do business with one of our three partner banks: BMO, Desjardins or RBC.
4. How much time do I have to get mortgage approval?
You have 21 days after signing the preliminary contract to provide proof of mortgage approval. Should your mortgage be refused, this first deposit will be refunded in full.
5. How is the co-ownership organized?
A horizontal co-ownership will manage the common areas shared by the two phases. The two buildings will then be managed independently by a vertical co-ownership.
Learn more about how a co-ownership works.
6. When can I choose my finishes?
The meeting with the designer to choose the finishes of your new condo will take place 12 to 18 months prior to unit delivery.
The Sales Office
1. Do I need an appointment to visit the sales office?
No, the sales office is open to the public Monday to Thursday from noon to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from noon to 5:00 p.m.